Faith Bible Church has its beginning with a preacher named Clayton Crooks. He was a graduate of Wheaton College and attended Westminster Seminary in Pennsylvania. His goals were to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, seek God’s will and minister to the needs of the people in his congregation.
Around 1950, as he was seeking God’s next assignment, he was invited to a house prayer meeting by a woman from his previous congregation. This led to Pastor Crooks being invited back on a regular basis to lead their Bible study and prayer group. The group grew and formed what became Faith Bible Church. They outgrew the original house, moved into a larger house, and still growing, rented the ‘Odd Fellows Hall’ in nearby St. Denis.
In 1959, Faith Bible Church purchased the site of its present location on Timberview Drive from a member of the congregation. A small building was built with the intention of adding a larger sanctuary in the future. The number of church families continued to grow. In the early 1960’s the parsonage was built; in 1971 the foundation was laid for the larger sanctuary which was connected to the existing building.
In the early 1970’s, a school, Faith Bible Church Academy, was established by Pastor Crooks and the congregation. It existed for over 25 years and established a firm foundation for the lives of the students who attended.